Thursday, March 20, 2008

Encoding and Reszing MP3's in Audacity

The following set of tutorial videos cover the steps necessary to create MP3 files for the web and Book Builder in Audacity. If you are using Microsoft Windows, there is one gigantic oversight in the second video. The following description will make absolutely zero sense until you've seen the video, so just remember to refer back to it when I show you how to download the MP3 encoder/maker in Video 2 (I also make a reference to it in Video 3).

If you are on a PC, when you download the lame encoder, I incorrectly indicate in the video that it should look like the file that I download onto my Mac... that's wrong! If you're working on a PC, the file you will look for when you unzip the LAME folder is called lame_enc.dll

Video 1: Making MP3s with Audacity;
Video 2: Downloading the MP3 Encoder (If you're on a PC, refer to the correction above)
Video 3: Make your first MP3
Video 4: Reducing your MP3 file size (The best way)
Video 5: Reducing your MP3 file size (The not quite best way)

No comments: