I'm in the process of developing, with a team of HGSE's best, a video-based professional development website that teaches educators how to use free internet technologies (such as blogs, diigo, wikis, etc.,) to enhance pedagogy and learning opportunities. That's a mouthful, but an idea we're extremely excited about. The material from this class seems as if it will be particularly relevant from the standpoint of the children whose education we ultimately hope to enrich, but also from the perspective of our students (the teachers), because they too will likely need sufficient scaffolding to become comfortable with these technologies.
As the semester progresses, I hope to develop my understanding of how these tools can provide new learning opportunities for students, and to begin incorporating these ideas into the development of our PD curriculum. I plan to post some of the videos as I make them, and might beg some feedback from anyone who happens upon my blog. I'm embedding a video below that I think does an excellent job of demonstrating the sometimes new and frightening principles underlying internet technology. Commoncraft.com makes these wonderfully descriptive videos of abstract concepts (what's a wiki? for example...)
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, Chris, that's a great tutorial video. It was really easy to understand, and not too "dumb" for someone like me who is a savvy internet user already. I realized as I was watching that I've actually used a wiki before in Google Documents. Whaddya know?
Post a Comment